08 June 2008

■ Sleepwalking / Radical Face (Favorite Lyric)

I fell asleep in the chair by the fireplace.
And I woke up in the kitchen sink,
with an umbrella, full of holes, overtop my head.

I feel asleep on the table with your picture in hand.
And I woke up in the cupboard,
with some scraper on my arms and an mouthful of hell.

The chains are rattling in the attic again.
And the birds are building nests in the window sill.
Dust has settled over everything.
And the ceiling fan still cuts a lazy circle.
I got a picture on the mantle piece of the way that I thought that we'd end up.
But this shares no resemblance to that.
Yeah, this shares no resemblance to that at all.

I tore the dreams from my head and tossed them in the flames.
And the smoke smelled like my past.
And it stung my eyes, but I was too stubborn to blink.
And I slept inside the piano 'till the rain was gone.
And I woke up when I saw the sun, and wiped the sleep from my eyes.
Yeah, I knew my time had come.

We all still a part of everything that we were.
And we'll all float along with everything.
And in turn, we'll all fall apart with everything.
But we'll learn, just what things are like outside our heads,

And I hear them singing.
And I hear my name.
And I feel you scrub my skin.
And I was happy to fade.



Sleepwalking (Ghost) by Radical Face



No comments:

Post a Comment